A 5-Day Program For K-12 Educators
The George Washington Teacher Institute Summer Residential Program is a 5-day immersive professional development experience designed to support K-12 educators who teach about the life, leadership, and legacies of George Washington and the 18th-century world in which he lived.
Our format, with a different thematic focus each program, allows you to explore an 18th-century subject that is most relevant to your classroom.
- Learn from experts in history and education about teaching George Washington and the 18th-century world he lived in.
- Experience how place (even digitally!) can provide new insight into the 18th century.
- Tackle topics that matter the most to you, from government to slavery to leadership.
- Select from six different themes that fit your classroom curriculum and schedule.
- Connect with Institute alumni and other teacher participants from across the country.
- Collaborate with other dynamic educators to find new ways to bring these lessons to life in your classroom.