A 5-Day Program For K-12 Educators
The George Washington Teacher Institute Summer Residential Program is a 5-day immersive professional development experience designed to support educators who value the importance of inclusive history content. We invite K-12 teachers of all disciplines and grade levels to explore the life, life, leadership, and legacies of George Washington and the diversity of the 18th-century world in which he lived.
Our format, with a different thematic focus each program, allows you to explore an 18th-century subject that is most relevant to your classroom.
- Learn from a variety of visiting and Estate experts in how to bring George Washington and the 18th-century world to your 21st-century students.
- Experience how place can provide new insight into the complexity of the 18th century and help make connections to today.
- Tackle topics that matter the most to you, from civics, to leadership, to STEAM, and more!
- Engage in best practice pedagogies within each theme that explore inclusive narratives and elevate student voices.
- Collaborate with other dynamic educators from across the country to find new ways to find student centered ways to bring these lessons to life in your classroom.