At Mount Vernon, it’s all about the people. Come for a visit then apply for a job! Join us.
Do you like meeting new people? Come to Mount Vernon and you can meet a million of them every year. Are you a bookkeeper? We keep books here. Is speaking to large crowds your thing? We’ll teach you all about George Washington so you can lead tours. We employ trades people, educators, curators, servers, fundraisers and more, a lot more. We offer full-time and part-time positions with seasonal and year-round employment.
- Retirement and Pension Plan
- Meals and merchandise discounts
- Free Parking
- Employee recognition at 5 years of service
- Annual employee events
Full-time employees also receive:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care
See All Open Positions
Connect with Us
Why do I work at Mount Vernon?
“It is a pleasure to go to work at this beautiful and important historic site. It is an easy commute for me with easy parking. My colleagues are pleasant to know and my manager is a fine individual.”
Retail Shops Employee