This lesson explores George Washington's legacy through a growth mindset by allowing students time to research and know George Washington by analyzing myths about him and exploring why those myths were created. This lesson was created by 2016-2017 Life Guard Teacher Fellow Joanne Howard.
- Students will conduct research individually and cooperatively on George Washington’s life.
- Students will describe the concept of a myth and analyze the myths that surround George Washington.
- Students will use a graphic organizer to analyze a painting in teaching teams.
- Colonial America
- Explain Changing Perspectives
- Civic Values and Social Norms
- Using Multiple Historical Sources