A lesson exploring George Washington’s leadership and character as commander-in-chief of the Revolutionary War. Students analyze primary source documents and images to examine the relationships between George Washington and his generals during the American Revolution. A short research project focused on a Revolutionary War military leader challenges students to examine leadership characteristics.
- Students will discuss the leadership characteristics that made Washington an effective leader.
- Students will analyze primary source documents and images to understand the relationship between Washington and his Revolutionary War generals.
- Students will research a Revolutionary War military leader using primary sources and decide whether the general displayed leadership characteristics.
- Reading and Writing Literacy in History/Social Studies
- Speaking and Listening
- American Revolution and the Founding of a New Nation
- Research Skills