A primary source worksheet for students focused on close reading skills. Students are asked to read and analyze a section of George Washington's 1799 Will and Testament concerning the freedom of his enslaved manservant William "Billy" Lee. This resource was created by 2015-2016 Life Guard Teacher Fellow Marcia Motter.
- Students will analyze the section of George Washington's Will and Testament concerning the freedom of his enslaved manservant William "Billy" Lee.
- Students will practice using historical thinking skills to answer questions using evidence from the document to support their conclusions.
- Reading and Writing Literacy in History/Social Studies
- Reading Informational Texts
- Reading for Perspective
- Writing Skills
- Developing Research Skills