A primary source worksheet for students focused on close reading skills. Students are asked to read and analyze George Washington's letter to his brother John Washington written after Braddock's defeat in 1755. This resource was created by 2015-2016 Life Guard Teacher Fellow Marcia Motter.
- Students will analyze a letter from George Washington to his brother written after Braddock's defeat in 1755.
- Students will practice using historical thinking skills to answer questions using evidence from the document to support their conclusions.
- Reading and Writing Literacy in History/Social Studies
- Reading Informational Texts
- Reading for Perspective
- Writing Skills
- Developing Research Skills
- Colonial America