A primary source worksheet for students focused on close reading skills. Students are asked to rank ten modern rules of civility alone and in small groups before completing a short activity sourcing and rephrasing George Washington's version of the Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior. This resource was created by 2015-2016 Life Guard Teacher Fellow Marcia Motter.
- Students will work alone and in small groups to rank ten modern day rules of civility and decent behavior.
- Students will source George Washington's Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior
- Students will rephrase five of George Washington's Rule of Civility into today's language and consider their relevance to today's society.
- Reading and Writing Literacy in History/Social Studies
- Reading Informational Texts
- Reading for Perspective
- Writing Skills