A primary source worksheet for students focused on close reading skills. Students are asked to read and analyze George Washington's diary entry from April 16, 1789, the day he left Mount Vernon for his inauguration in New York City. This resource was created by 2015-2016 Life Guard Teacher Fellow Marcia Motter.
- Students will analyze a section of George Washington's diary concerning the presidency.
- Students will practice using historical thinking skills to answer questions using evidence from the document to support their conclusions.
- Reading and Writing Literacy in History/Social Studies
- Reading Informational Texts
- Reading for Perspective
- Writing Skills
- Developing Research Skills
- Revolution and the New Nation