A lesson that uses the weekly news show “Meet the Press” as a model for engaging students using primary sources. Students portray George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and the current President of the United States in a television interview. Students will develop answers to the host’s questions through primary sources research and current news articles.
- Students will gain insight into the views and character of Presidents Washington, Lincoln, and Roosevelt as well as the current President of the United States.
- Students will use primary sources and current news articles to compare and contrast the economic, international, and political context of each president.
- Revolution and a New Nation
- Foundations of the Political System
- Role of Government
- Developing Research Skills
- Applying Language Skills
- Reading for Literacy
- Writing Standards for Technical Subjects
- Speaking and Listening