A series of lesson plans that uses Martha Washington as a case study to integrate women's history into the events of the American Revolution and the New Nation historical eras. This lesson was created by 2017-2018 Life Guard Teacher Fellow Bonnie Belshe.
- Students will read critically to understand how and why perspectives of Martha Washington changed over time.
- Students will analyze primary source documents in order to identify key points.
- Students will understand a more nuanced and complex understanding of politics, gender, and the early republic as told through Martha Washington’s experiences
- Civic Values and Social Norms
- American Revolution
- Explain how and why perspectives of people change over time
- Analysis of Primary Sources