A primary source worksheet for students focused on close reading skills. Students are asked to use historical thinking skills to source an excerpt from George Washington's 1789 letter to Henry Knox about accepting the presidency. This resource was created by 2015-2016 Life Guard Teacher Fellow Marcia Motter.
- Students will analyze an excerpt from George Washington's letter to Henry Knox about the presidency.
- Students will practice using historical thinking skills to answer questions using evidence from the document to support their conclusions.
- Reading and Writing Literacy in History/Social Studies
- Reading Informational Texts
- Reading for Perspective
- Writing Skills
- Developing Research Skills
- Revolution and the New Nation