What is it?
A 4-day immersive professional development designed to support K-12 educators teach about the life, leadership, and legacy of George Washington and the 18th-century world in which he lived. Each program includes these signature elements:
- In-depth content and primary source analysis.
- Immersive 18th-century experiences with historical interpreters and subject matter experts.
- Lively debate and engaged collaboration with visiting scholars, fellow participants, and Mount Vernon staff.
- Classroom applicability including technology integration.
- Connections between historical events and contemporary student experiences.