Bring History to Life for Your Students
With this virtual tour, your students can experience George Washington's Virginia estate no matter where your school is located.
Learn about George Washington, his life at Mount Vernon, and his impact on the world in the 18th century.
We'll use Mount Vernon’s virtual tour to discuss important events and themes in the lives of George Washington, his family, and the enslaved people at Mount Vernon. The program will run through Mount Vernon supported Webex Video Conference Platform.
During your tour, you'll receive:
- A welcome and brief introduction on program and technological logistics from a facilitator
- A staff-led exploration of portions of the Mansion and grounds via the Mount Vernon virtual tour
- An interactive Q&A with the interpreter
- All teachers and students will need internet access.
- Sessions are designed for 1 teacher and 1 classroom (maximum 40 participants).
- Larger groups (i.e. multiple classrooms) may wish to take our virtual VIP tour.
- Learn about life at Mount Vernon in the 18th century.
- Understand that people in the past were complex individuals who faced many challenges and rose to meet them with personal tools that are still used today.
- Improve critical thinking skills by asking the Mount Vernon expert questions about Washington’s world.
- Have a fun/engaging/memorable experience by visually connecting with Mount Vernon and their classmates.
Special Discounts for Title One Schools
- Qualified Title One schools nationwide registering for any of these special distance learning programs will receive a full discount on the program!
- This discount is made possible through the generosity of the Ford Motor Company Fund.
- More information is available during the registration process.