Mount Vernon, located on the banks of the Potomac River in Virginia, was the home of George Washington from 1754 until his death in 1799. The mansion was originally constructed in 1735 by Washington’s father, Augustine, and later was significantly enlarged and expanded by Washington himself. The most striking architectural feature of the mansion is the two-story columned piazza, running the entire length of the house on the east side. With its spectacular view of the river and the Maryland shore beyond, the piazza was a center of social activity for family and guests.
Mount Vernon Floral Porcelain Tile features an image of the Mansion’s east front and lawn with a surround of pink cherry blossoms and white dogwood flowers.
The 6” square tile may be used as a trivet or as a wall decoration. The tile is cork backed with an imbedded hook for hanging.