Receive exclusive offers and promotions from The Shops at Mount Vernon.
Mount Vernon East View Magnet
In 1796, Benjamin Henry Latrobe, America’s leading professional architect of the time, described Mount Vernon thusly: “Towards the East of the Mansion Nature has lavished its magnificence, nor has Art interfered but to exhibit her to advantage…Down the steep slope trees and shrubs are thickly planted.They are kept so low as not to interrupt the view but merely to furnish an agreeable border to the extensive prospect beyond.The mighty Potowmac runs close under this bank the elevation of which must be perhaps 250 feet”.
The resin magnet depicting the east front of Mount Vernon is 2” x 2 ¾”. Magnet is presented on a heavy card which includes historical information.